A gringa's attempt to assimilate herself into the culture of vino consumption, killer fútbol, and Argentine advertising


Friday, April 29, 2011

The Beginning of the End: So Long to Work

My final words on my internship experience in Buenos Aires:

Reenacting my voice-over of M
at the Samsung event.
I thoroughly enjoyed both my internships this semester. I got to develop the exact skills I stated as preference prior to the trip and more. In addition to delving into graphic design, I was fortunate enough to see the process of launching a Website during my time at Artemisa Noticias and the organization of two entire marketing campaigns while at Avant-Garde.

Sitting pretty at the J&J 'Lideres'
event.












I learned so much without attending an overly populated lecture, sitting patiently as a professor demonstrated Adobe programs on a projector, or cracking open a dull textbook. Rather, I got to witness and contribute to all the hard work that went into two campaigns' events of which I also got to attend. I got to meet professional graphic designers, and learned about the blessing and curses of freelance. I collaborated with marketing geniuses (in my opinion) in a new culture under Spanish instruction. I researched like mad and learned an intriguing ideology that realizes a relationship between women and nature that I was more than excited to promote.

I was given two fruitful opportunities and squeezed as much juice from them as I could.
At Avant-Garde with my 'jefes,' Laura and Matías
My portside office (and classroom) for Artemisa Noticias

No comments:

Post a Comment