A gringa's attempt to assimilate herself into the culture of vino consumption, killer fútbol, and Argentine advertising


Sunday, April 3, 2011

Anna's Web (Sans lonely pig)

It's safe to say I've been busy the past two weeks. Between writing papers (round II), spending time with the ultimate gang, visiting an estancia, hosting my family and celebrating my 21st birthday... well, unfortunately my blog has suffered in lack of content. But on the bright side, although I may have slipped on updating you guys promptly, I still have plenty of stories to share. I mean, there's enough stories involving one Smylie in Buenos Aires... So imagine the gang of five Smylies reuniting for a rendezvous here. Yep, exactly.

I hope to cover these topics as I race to blog before leaving for Bariloche tomorrow morning:
1. My family's stay (interview included)
2. Living life like a gaucho
3. Argentine bites

Then of course once I return from our program's included 'media excursion' to Bariloche and then spend an entire day attending events for my marketing agency, I'll have even more to catch up on. There goes that whole time dilemma again. I find myself amidst pending events that fly past during a seemingly infinite-lasting trip. The challenges, frustration and lessons to be learned slow time down, while hosting friends and family, city escapes and work procrastination accelerate it. I'm just trying to catch all the precious moments in this woven web of foreign events before they flee me.

[Insert maniacal laugh here as to imitate a vicious black spider hungry for some prey. Assuming or pretending that spiders, in fact, laugh of course.]

No comments:

Post a Comment