A gringa's attempt to assimilate herself into the culture of vino consumption, killer fĂștbol, and Argentine advertising


Saturday, March 12, 2011

I'm Bringing Blogging Back (Yeah)

[Anyone get that title song reference? Anyone, anyone?]

I just wished my Dear adieu at the airport this evening. Our week hosted a whirlwind of events that took us from an ultimate tournament in Monte Hermoso to the coast of Montevideo to a milonga (tango dance hall) in Buenos Aires. I quickly immersed the jet-lagged boy in rapid Castellano and Argentine culture (hello besos!) only to realize that such an effort was necessary in order to take advantage of the limited time we had.

So looking on the bright side of it all, with my goodbye to CJ comes my return to ze blog... which means more recommendations, more advice, more stories, and more abstract, sometimes illogical (or maybe just higher-thinking), metaphors. Time to kick-start this thing again after a minor stall. Mi culpa.

I'm going to hold off on my report of my spring break (aka last week) for now. I need a little more time to dwell and process the Oz-like hurricane that placed me somewhere magical for a temporary time. And as soon as I can put the emerald bits of information I learned from last week into words, better believe you guys will read about it.


As for now, I posted some eye candy for all to view! It's good to be back!

 A lil peck under the rubber trees in BA.
'Espiritud' before a game of beach ultimate.
Bracing for biking down the coast.
Fresh seafood paella. Go on, let your mouth water.

1 comment: